We aim to make all our guests stay as enjoyable as possible, and are committed to providing suitable access, whatever their individual needs. We aim to describe our facilities and services to give you the confidence to book with us. We will are always willing to adapt our rooms, or communal spaces to accommodate and specific requirements.
When you arrive at Brightham House Boutique Bed & Breakfast we have two entrances. Our front door is via the street called – Higher Town & the rear entrance is via the street called – Lower Town and the rear entrance is where are car park is.
Most of our guest arrive by car and use our car park which is all on one level and leads through to our flat courtyard garden. Below is an overview access statement. Also we have images and examples of all steps as you are arrive through the rear entrance, front and any changes in levels or steps leading to the guest bedrooms.
All our rooms are rated by the AA and we have a 5 star rating.
- The rear entrance has level access.
- There is level access from the main entrance to:
- The Garden Room – King Room
- Dome – Superior Super King Room
- Guest Bar
- Courtyard Garden
- The Orangery
- Hot Tub
Access with steps
- There are steps from the main entrance to:
- Guest Bar
- The Orangery
- We have non-allergic bedding.
Level access bedrooms
- The route to the Garden Room bedroom is 800mm wide, or more.
- The bathroom has a level access shower.
- The (bedroom) TVs have subtitles.
- The walls and the doors have high colour contrast.
- We have guest information in large print and other.
- We welcome guests from all walks of life. We aim to deliver the best possible stay to all and want all our guests to leave happy.
- Scott & Alistair are available 24 hours a day or via our mobiles, which we provide guest with our number before arrival.
- We send a pre-arrival text to our guest to give directions to our car park and parking instructions.
- We have emergency evacuation procedures for disabled visitors.
- We ask that if you smoke or vape that you only do this in our garden. We have a permanent box ashtray fitted to the wall at the back of the garden.
- There is a full fire alarm system with smoke detectors throughout the house. An emergency lighting system will activate if the power fails and will light all emergency exits.
- Our local A&E is in Kindgsbridge, just 10 mins away. There are also three Chemists in Kindgsbridge, however our closest Chemists is Boots in Salcombe.
Higher Town, Malborough, Devon TQ7 3RN
Travel by public transport
- You can get to Brightham House Boutique Bed & Breakfast by bus and train.
- The nearest bus stop is in Malborough. The bus stop is approx. 300 meters from the B&B
- The nearest train station is Totnes. The train station is 16.7 miles form the B&B
Travel by taxi
- You can get a taxi with South Ham Cabs by calling +447772744598. The taxi company has a wheelchair accessible vehicle.
- We have a guest car park. The parking is less than 45 metres from the main entrance. Parking is free.
- There is a drop-off point at the main entrance. The drop-off point has a dropped kerb.
- From the car park to the entrance, there is level access.
- The route is 950mm wide, or more.
Path to main entrance
- From the street to the main reception entrance, there is level access.
- The main entrance has level access with 3 steps (as per images below)
- The main door is side hung and manual.
- When you arrive, we can help carry your luggage.
1.Rear entrance (back door) threshold – hight 70mm
2. Rear entrance hall step through to the games room – hight 80mm
3. Front reception (Front door) 3 steps each – hight 170mm and there is a handrail
4. Rear exit via ‘The Orangery’ gentle slope leading to the garden with easy access in or out
5. Main staircase access through the bar each 13 steps – hight approx. 190mm each
6. Rear smaller staircase with access through the games room. Made up of three sections – 13 steps in total – hight approx. 200mm each
( 2 – Ground floor rooms)
1.Dome Room’s en-suite – 80mm shower tray lip
2.Garden Room’s En-suite – 80mm shower tray lip
Garden Room’s own private access with easy access french doors to room
(6 – 1st Floor Rooms)
1.Dartmoor Room – 3 steps that lead down to the room at approx.180mm deep each
Dartmoor Room’s en-suite large walk in shower with 80mm lift to the tray
2. Preston Circus en-suite shower tray – 80mm lip
3. Courtyard View en-suite shower tray – 100mm lip
4. Pavilion en-suite large walk-in shower with tray – 80mm lip
5. Cosy Twin en-suite shower tray – 80mm lip
6. Brighton Rocks en-suite shower tray – 80mm lip