Brightham House’s Covid-19 Guidelines
Update 11th April 2022
Update 30th November 2021
Omicron variant: changes to restrictions
New measures have been put in place as a precaution, because cases of a variant of concern have been found in the UK. There are changes to the rules in England on self-isolation, testing after international travel, and face coverings.
We will update our Covid-19 guidelines again before reopen in Easter 2022.
update 19th July 2021
From the relaxing of the Covid rules – ‘Freedom Day’ 19th July 2021. Brightham House will continue to take measures to help spread the risk of the virus. It is not mediatory to wear a mask in the house, but this is at the discretion of our guests.
We will continue to implement strict Covid cleaning rules in the communal areas, and guest rooms. And will wear a facemask whilst entering guest rooms for room refreshes and maintenance, to protect ourselves and our guests. As we operate as a seasonal B & B, we be closed over the winter months whilst more people our inside. However we will still advise the following:
- Let fresh air in if you meet indoors. Meeting outdoors is safer
- Wear a face covering in crowded and enclosed spaces where you come into contact with people you do not normally meet
- Get tested and self-isolate if required
- If you haven’t already, get vaccinated
First published July 2020
We aim to deliver all our guests a safe and enjoyable stay at Brightham House Boutique Bed & Breakfast. We as hosts will and ask you as guests to follow these simple 10 House Procedures during your stay with us.
- On entry and walking around the house at all times, please wear a face mask and use the hand sanitiser stations. They are at each entrance so wash your hands.
- Please obey the 1 metre social distancing rule throughout the house & garden. And at all times and where possible 2 metres.
- There is a one-way system throughout the corridors that leads to all the bedrooms. The start is through the bar and up the main staircase, across the landing and down the smaller staircase to the back of the house. This is clearly marked with arrows directing, and no entry for the wrong direction.
- Guest will be given the option of taking their own luggage to their room, or a luggage drop to outside their room.
- Housekeeping – Daily room cleaning & refresh duties will be reduced. We will restart when we are safely able to restart this again. We have provided each room with a disinfectant cleaning kit (disinfectant spray, 2 cleaning cloths, extra bin bags), which is in each bathroom cupboard. Each day we encourage guests to use the cleaning kit. Please place any bin rubbish outside their door, tie the bags safely in a double knot and we will dispose of these for you. The heated towel rails in each bathroom will remain on for you to ensure you have dry towels, please place them on the hooks provided above the rail. Depending on the length of your stay we will review the need provide a room cleaning service, provide replacement towels and change bed linen. If we provide this service we ask you to vacate the room. The housekeeper will wear a facemask and disposable gloves during the entire process.
- Tea tray items will be available on check-in, including fresh milk and each morning at breakfast. If necessary, please just ask during the day, when we will happily top-up anything you require.
- Breakfast will be staggered times 8.30am – 9.10am or 9.20am – 10am in the breakfast room and garden. The breakfast buffet will be replaced with a table order system for items such as; fruit salad, yogurts, pastries, cereals (granola, cornflakes, chocolate coco pops, muesli), fresh orange, apple, grapefruit juice. The cooked breakfast menu will be made to order as normal.
- The bar will operate as normal, we ask guests to use disinfectant cleaning wipes after themselves on any touch points.
- Extra bins and be placed in the downstairs lobby for any food or take-away rappers, along with three recycle bins for paper and plastic/ cans and glass.
- Should you fall ill with suspect Covid-19, we ask you to tell us immediately and follow the government guidance to return home and self-isolate.