Brightham House’s Covid-19 Guidelines
We aim to deliver all our guests a safe and enjoyable stay at Brightham House Boutique Bed & Breakfast We as hosts will and ask you as guests to follow these simple 10 House Procedures during your stay with us.
- On entry and walking around the house at all times, please wear a face mask and use the hand sanitiser stations at each entrance to wash your hands.
- Please obey the 1 metre social distancing rule throughout the house & garden at all times and where possible 2 metres.
- There is a one-way system throughout the corridors that leads to all the bedrooms. The start is through the bar and up the main staircase, across the landing and down the smaller staircase to the back of the house. This is clearly marked with arrows directing, and no entry for the wrong direction.
- Guest will be given the option of taking their own luggage to their room, or a luggage drop to outside their room.
- Housekeeping – Daily room cleaning & refresh duties will be reduced, until such times as we are safely able to restart this again. We have provided each room with a disinfectant cleaning kit (disinfectant spray, 2 cleaning cloths, extra bin bags), which is in each bathroom cupboard. Each day we encourage guests to use the cleaning kit, place any bin rubbish outside their door, tie the bags safely in a double knot and we will dispose of these for you. The heated towel rails in each bathroom will remain on for you to ensure you have dry towels, please place them on the hooks provided above the rail. Depending on the length of your stay we will review the need provide a room cleaning service, provide replacement towels and change bed linen. If we provide this service, we ask you to vacate the room. The housekeeper will wear a facemask and disposable gloves during the entire process.
- Tea tray items will be available on check-in, including fresh milk and each morning at breakfast. If necessary, please just ask during the day, when we will happily top-up anything you require.
- Breakfast will be staggered times 8.30am – 9.10am or 9.20am – 10am in the breakfast room and garden. The breakfast buffet will be replaced with a table order system for items such as; fruit salad, yogurts, pastries, cereals (granola, cornflakes, chocolate coco pops, muesli), fresh orange, apple, grapefruit juice. The cooked breakfast menu will be made to order as normal.
- The bar will operate as normal, we ask guests to use disinfectant cleaning wipes after themselves on any touch points.
- Extra bins and be placed in the downstairs lobby for any food or take-away rappers, along with three recycle bins for paper and plastic/ cans and glass.
- Should you fall ill with suspect Covid-19, we ask you to tell us immediately and follow the government guidance to return home and self-isolate.